62 lbs in 21 weeks
Average weight loss for patients after 21 weeks on the HMR diet program. Data collected from three groups of patients treated at the HMR Program, University of Kentucky. HMR's medical research, weight loss, and weight maintenance data have been published in several leading medical and nutritional journals.
The HMR Program for Weight Management™ at Atlanta Endocrine Associates is a Licensed Affiliate of Health Management Resources Corporation® (HMR), Boston, Massachusetts. Health Management Resources® is a weight-loss and weight-management leader, helping dieters lose weight in clinic programs at hospitals and medical centers, as well as on their own with HMR weight loss programs, and weight-loss foods, including low-calorie diet shakes, diet meals, and other diet products. Some of the material used in this site is owned by Health Management Resources® Corporation, (HMR®) of Boston, Massachusetts, and is used with its permission. Click on the Notices and Disclaimers link for more specific information about the relationship of HMR and this site and other important information.
Dr. Scott Isaacs Receives Patients’ Choice Award for Third Consecutive Year
Special thanks to all of our patients for honoring Dr. Scott Isaacs with the Patients’ Choice Award for 2010. This recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of their patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores as voted by patients. Named as one of Atlanta's Top Endocrinologists in 2010 and having received a Patients’ Choice Award in 2008 and 2009, Dr. Isaacs has worked diligently over the past several years to improve the health of his patients.
The award is based on the following criteria:
- Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of their patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores as voted by patients.
- America's Leading Expert recognition highlights the physicians who are proficient publishers on a specific disease, disorder or medical condition. The top 6% for the specific area are honored with this recognition.
- Top Doctors recognition is awarded annually by Castle Connolly Medical. Primarily, this is a peer review approach, where doctors are asked to nominate other doctors they would go to, or send members of their family. These are researched and surveyed to identify the final list of Top Doctors. Castle Connolly has been identifying Top Doctors for more than a decade, and is highly respected for its approach. For more information about this, you can go to their website www.castleconnolly.com.
- Academic position held at a medical school. Doctors who teach at medical schools are considered qualified and knowledgeable enough to teach others. Appointment to an academic position often implies leadership in the field.
- Leadership position at a local hospital.
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in patient care. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores as voted by patients. Every month, more than 60,000 patients across the U.S. provide online feedback about their experiences with their doctors. They rate various components such as bedside manner, doctor-patient face time, degree of follow-up, courtesy of office staff, and overall opinions.
Over the course of 2010, these reviews have totaled hundreds of thousands patient opinions. While physicians generally receive positive reviews from their patients, only a select few receive uniformly rave reviews across the board. Of those who have received rave reviews with near perfect scores by their patients are awarded this honor. In fact, of the nation's 720,000 active physicians, less than 6% were accorded this honor by their patients in 2009.