How to Make Healthy Eating Easier
Wouldn’t it be great if the day you started a diet, you stopped craving any other foods? The reality, however, is that we all have food temptations that ride right alongside our best intentions for weight loss. So, minimizing access to those temptations is often the best way to make healthy eating more likely to happen.
If It's Not There, You Can't Eat It
Don’t rely on willpower! Research shows that willpower decreases over time and runs out. So, do yourself a favor and get rid of temptations whenever possible.
- Identify your “trigger foods” and don’t buy them.
- Consider taking a break from social activities that revolve around food and drinks.
- Avoid your favorite fast-food restaurants or coffee shops, even if it means taking a different route.
- If you have to go to a restaurant, make sure you’re full before you go and consider bringing your weight-loss foods with you. You can also go online and check out the menu beforehand, so you have a game plan around what to order.
- If other people have tempting foods in your environment (kids, spouse, roommate, coworker), ask them to make these foods less accessible by keeping them out of sight.
Need help making healthy eating easier? Contact Atlanta Endocrine for more information about our intensive lifestyle-change program and how to gain momentum with a new diet plan. We can help with medically supervised fast weight loss which is safe and effective for long-term weight management.
Health Management Resources (HMR) has been recognized for four consecutive years as the No. 1 Best Fast Weight-Loss Program by U.S. News and World Report. The HMR program is an intensive weight-loss and lifestyle change program designed to help you lose weight fast and build healthier routines that last.
The Decision-Free Diet is a medically supervised scientifically-based weight-loss program proven to work. You're guided through a simple Decision-Free diet structure that helps you quickly lose weight in a healthy, sensible way. If you’re struggling with weight loss, you need the help of an obesity medicine specialist.
If you’d like to learn more about permanent weight loss, please feel free to call us or schedule an appointment with Dr. Isaacs using the online booking tool on this website.