Dr. Scott Isaacs Receives 2009 Patient Choice Award
For the second year in a row, Dr. Scott Isaacs was awarded the Patient Choice Award for Top Doctors in the United States. The award is based on the following criteria:
- Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of their patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores as voted by patients.
- America's Leading Expert recognition highlights the physicians who are proficient publishers on a specific disease, disorder or medical condition. The top 15% for the specific area are honored with this recognition.
- Top Doctors recognition is awarded annually by Castle Connolly Medical. Primarily, this is a peer review approach, where doctors are asked to nominate other doctors they would go to, or send members of their family. These are researched and surveyed to identify the final list of Top Doctors. Castle Connolly has been identifying Top Doctors for more than a decade, and is highly respected for its approach. For more information about this, you can go to their website www.castleconnolly.com.
- Academic position held at a medical school. Doctors who teach at medical schools are considered qualified and knowledgeable enough to teach others. Appointment to an academic position often implies leadership in the field.
- Leadership position at a local hospital.